Master Teacher Consortium Style Guide and Submission Requirements
The narrative portion of the Master Teacher Application is to be limited to a total of 12 pages. The document is to be word processed according to the following guidelines:
- 8 ½ x 11” white paper
- One and a half (1 ½) or double spaced lines
- Times New Roman 12 point Font
- ½ inch minimum margins on all sides (left, right, top, bottom)
- Print only on ONE side of the page
- Number all pages sequentially in the upper right hand corner of each page.
- Provide clear, consistent references to items of evidence which facilitate the readers locating each piece of evidence easily as they read the application
- Indicate paragraphs with a 5 space indentation or a line break
- Submit 3 complete copies of the entire document (checklist, application, recommendations, evidence, etc.).
- Submit each full document in a plain file folder or manila envelope.
(3 documents, 3 files)
- Narrative pages are to be paper clipped, not stapled, and include all evidence pieces with the narrative that they accompany.
- Please clearly label the evidence to match the narrative that it accompanies. Include evidence directly following the
- Keep in mind that eleven different readers will review the pieces of your portfolio, so they should be clearly labeled, readily accessible and easily reorganized if they should get out of order.
- Do not use the specific name of your school/district in your narrative or evidence.
- Avoid acronyms like BLT (Building Leadership Team), as they are confusing
toscorers that are not familiar with your district.
Please submit all documents one week prior to the meeting date of the Consortium.
Please note that all materials that you submit will be returned to you. However, if you receive the Master Teacher Designation, please keep your portfolio intact for the entire 5 years of the designation in case of an audit by the ODE. If you receive Master Teacher status, a copy of your portfolio will be kept on file in the County Office.
FORM SUBMISSION TO DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION
This is the renewal form that individuals need to fill out when applying and renewing their Master Teacher Certification.